Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shibuya

For the past week, my sister and mother have been visiting and they have brought the rain! Usually the weather here is so predictable that the weatherman can tell you the exact date rainy season will end and summer will begin. I think this week of heavy rain is very unsual; but we managed to get out to see a few sites. One of them is Shibuya, which is sort of like Times Square and Lower East Side together. There are many teeny boppers, girls with teased blonde hair and fake eyelashes. There is an 8 story mall devoted to teeny bopper slasher wear called Shibuya 109; I think every store looks the same. My sister got tricked into buying a few overpriced T-shirts with weird writing and holes cut out in the back. This video of the six way crossing, which is insanely crowded yet also orderly, is courtesy of my sister from the vantage point of the second floor Starbucks. There is no jay walking here (except by me). How would you like to lose a child in this crosswalk?

No comments: