Monday, August 18, 2008

Little Aidy


Recently we were stuck in some really bad traffic on the Tomei heading to Shimoda, I mean total dead stop, fun stuff... so Glenda, our nanny, put a scrunchie into Aidan's hair for a laugh. She always says he is so pretty, he could be a girl.  Hmm, he could pass for an Adriana, I thought.  When I was pregnant with Aidan, I thought it would be so nice to have a girl. Boys are so physical, rough and loud. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl who sat there and listened, quietly combing her doll's hair?  This is probably my own fantasy as any girl I would ever have would probably tear the house down.  In any case, Aidan is here and I couldn't imagine it any other way.  He is just the sweetest little angel. He has a little impish smile that makes you want to bite his cheeks (there is plenty to bite).  He loves to hug you tight when you are cuddling him.  When he is placed in his crib at night, he turns over on his belly, does a few butt thrusts and crawls towards the corner to bury his head. His laughs are hearty and he has a playful spirit; I get a sense he is going to be a funny little dude.  It's true what they say- the second child sadly gets neglected and is not showered with all the fanfare of the first, but I am going to make every effort to get some Aidy quality time in there.

1 comment:

Irina said...

despite having a girl i, too, dream of having one that would quietly sit there doing anything! aidan is lovely. irina