Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thank God for Sling Box

It took a while but I now have American TV via Sling Box...it's these little pleasures that make living abroad easier.  My laptop which is wired to some LA based location is then connected to the TV with some cables, and I have to manouver through 6 Japanese screens and voila, we have everything we did at home and more.  Most importantly, I have TEVO. And yes I am still watching Dancing with the Stars. I am rooting for Brooke "Fake Boobs" Burns...wasn't her ex husband Beverly Hills top plastic surgeon? More importantly (maybe), Paddy and I have been following the baseball. We spent the weekend mornings watching the Red Sox play the Rays.  There are many Red Sox fans here, walking around the hood of Hiroo.  I, like a dork, scream out "Go Red Sox" when I see a stranger is wearing a baseball cap of our beloved team.  It takes them a second to react since they think I am a meek Japanese housewife pushing the stroller around.  Good to surprise people once in awhile.

No comments: